- Fellow at Philips Semiconductor summer 2005.
- Fellow at Pacific Gas & Electric summer 2004 and 2003.
- Fellow at Hewlett-Packard summer 2002.
- Fellow at Compaq Computers summer of 2001.
(Used my English and technology skills to do technical writing, web development, and database work.)
- Teacher of English, art, computer, speech, home economics, and social studies to middle school students for 17 years. Substitute teacher for 3 years.
- Part-time Employee of Pottery Barn – a furniture and home accessory store (2004-2005)
- Comfortable on both the Macintosh and Windows platforms.
- Expertise with industry standard software, including Adobe GoLive, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Macromedia Flash. Skilled in the Microsoft Suite (MS Word, Excel, and Access). I would be happy to use these skills to solve a problem or contribute to company goals.
- Work with .doc, .jpg, .pdf, .xls, .rtf, .igx file types.
- Transferred technical writing skills include the ability to simplify, clarify, and communicate difficult concepts. Can design, develop, and deliver technical information to the high-tech industry. Can produce documents that are attractive, well-organized, and easy to follow. They are “reader friendly” and free of errors.
- Designed, built, and continue to maintain the Dartmouth Middle School web site, currently hundreds of pages long. Continue to develop new areas of the site. Collaborate with other departments to obtain updates, documentation, and other collateral for the Web site. Prepare and edit Web site content. (http://dartmouth.unionsd.org/dartmouth/index.html)
- Strong understanding of current Web technologies and awareness of current trends.
- Ability to work on several projects at a time. Work well with tight and overlapping deadlines. Respond to change and open to feedback.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately with great attention to detail and an eye for consistency
- Ability to orally and visually evaluate information, materials, and concepts and to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with others.
- Ability to spell and type accurately.
- Developed an "Electronic File Cabinet" for our school (http://dartmouth.unionsd.org/dartmouth/DEFC/index.html).
- Possess strong organizational, communication, problem solving, and goal setting skills. Have an analytical mind as well as the ability to work in a very dynamic environment. Take initiative and work effectively under pressure.
- Have aptitude to learn, excellent health, enjoy challenges, interested in productivity, experience in property management.
- Have a California Real Estate Brokers license.
- "Outstanding" performance evaluations every year teaching.
- Presenter at middle school conferences.
- 1996 Educator of the Year.
Computer graphics, art, food, health, travel (35 countries.)
- Enjoy working with people either in the retail market or in an educational setting. Work with diverse publics, develop publicity and promotional campaigns, market services and benefits, and meet deadlines.
- Promote improved community relations with parents, solve parent complaints, recruit new volunteers, maintain inventory, organize and host receptions and social events, and write grant proposals.
- Bring these skills to any job: administrative and technical experience, initiative, interpersonal skills
- Attend West Valley College at night. 25 units of computer classes with a grade point average of 4.0. (On-going since 2000)
- B.A. from San Jose State University with additional units from Stanford University, University of San Diego, University of Phoenix, and Fresno State.
- A.A. from College of San Mateo.
Union School District Office, 5175 Union Ave, San Jose, CA 95124-5497
Phone 408.377.8010. Fax 408.559.1670
- Principal Carole Carlson, Dartmouth Middle School, 5575 Dartmouth Drive, San Jose, CA 95118
- Principal Cathy Stewart, Carlton Elementary, 2421 Carlton Ave. San Jose, CA 95124
- Pottery Barn, 2100 Chestnut Street, San Francisco, CA 95123
TRANSFERRABLE SCHOOL SKILLS:
I work on an interdisciplinary team and contribute to our school’s success. Our school won the California Distinguished Schools Award. I establish strategic partnerships with parents and administrators to develop and implement viable operation plans leading to sensational evening student extravaganza events that culminate units of study.
I have modified curriculum to meet the needs of special education students, students with learning disabilities, Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD), and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder students. I’ve attended IEP base school meetings to ensure students meet annual goals.
In 1997, I first began designing and developing the art, graphics, and writing for the Dartmouth Middle School web site. I create links and anchors. I transfer the completed documents to the county web server using an FTP client program.
I establish and design progressive curriculum for all of the elective classes that I teach (currently Art I and Art II.)
I have served on school and district level committees, been a mentor teacher, and served on Product Quality review teams. I have assisted with material adoptions and contributed to developing district writing assessment programs.
I can give advice and insight from a veteran’s perspective. I am punctual, motivated, and highly organized.
As golfing legend, Lee Trevino, said, “The harder I work, the luckier I get.” A dynamic, challenging job would suit me although I can do “tedious” also!